Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dragonflies And Umbrellas

It's been a while since I have worked in one of the circle journals. Truth be told I was burned out on them and then life got in the way and then the holidays came and went and then .... well.... you know how it goes. You wake up and it's 6 months later. Anywho.... This is a set of pages for Marita's Asian circle journal. I started with the umbrella paper and used the colors from it to guide me. The geisha is actually a bookmark from a vintage set that I found on eBay. She was mostly white so I colored her with Distress markers and a water brush. The background is a collage of torn asian book pages that I stenciled using a foam pad and Distress Ink Pads. The umbrellas are the kind you usually see in a mixed drink. All I did was to color them a little with some Distress Stain so they were not so bright.