Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It: Scrabble Tabs

Today I'm feeling crafty, so I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics 
and sharing two things on Monday Made It.

Click image to see what everyone else is making.

Lately, I've had so much fun taking pictures and making them into inspirational minis. Last night I snapped this shot poolside.



My friend Jennifer Runde took this vacation picture and gave me
permission to use it as a slide in a workshop presentation.


You can create posters like these in Picmonkey or Powerpoint.

On Saturday I took a stab at making these Scrabble Tabs.


Here's a quick video tutorial.


John showed me how the edges of the tiles would serve as a tool to cut the magnet paper to the perfect size; we had the whole batch done in less than an hour. 
Easy Breezy, Lemon Squeezy! 

I took them to my classroom this morning, to try them out.


Here they are stuck on our Collaboration Station in Hero Headquarters.


I can't wait to play Scrabble. Or Boggle. Or Hangman.
We can also use the tiles to incentivize desired behaviors.
Students can earn letters for words like LEADERS;
move letters up to reinforce strong leadership choices.
When the whole word is in complete alignment,
it'll be time for a dance or some other fun.


Just for fun. Because fun is the ticket to engagement.
So that's what I've been up to, to beat the heat. 
What have you created lately?